Last year, I got nominated for the Liebster Award, which I was truly amazed about. And now, I got nominated a second time and I feel even more honored. This time, the nomination came from Laura from Yellowtravelbird, with whom I’ve already collaborated. She’s an expert when it comes to the USA but she’s also been to quite a few other places.
And now, I’m looking forward to answer her questions:
1. Since when does your blog exist?
I started writing for Travellana in October 2015. My time in the USA inspired me to do so.
2. What is the main purpose of your blog?
I actually wanted to record my travels for my penpals. After a while, more and more people joined them and now I don’t only write about traveling but also about snail mailing.
3. What camera do you use for your photos?
I have a pretty good digital camera but I sometimes use my smarthphone’s camera too. Some time ago, I bought an actioncam that records great videos.
4. Do you travel solo or with friends/family/partner?
I usually travel with my boyfriend or one of my best friends. I was in Scotland with my boyfriend last month and with my friend, I went to Sweden in October. But I also like to travel on my own.
5. What was your favorite place and why?
Definitely San Diego! As I spent wuite some time there, the city is dear to my heart. Also, “America’s fnest city” ist just paradisial. But Tromsø was magical, too!
6. What is your next adventure?
That is to be decided as I’m currently preparing for my Bachelor’s thesis. But I can’t wait for my next trip for too long.
7. How do you prepare for a trip?
I usually read travel guidebooks and check out other bloggers’ insider tips for a destination. I wannt to have ganed an insight into a foreign country’s culture before I arrive there.
8. What is your absolute dream destination?
Maybe the entire world? There are just too many. Australia, South Africa and Iceland are on top of the list.
9. When did you discover your passion for traveling?
Ever since I can remember, I’ve been into traveling. As a kid, I played traveling to the Caribbean with my friend and I could spent hours in front of a globe or an atlas.
10. What is the best thing about traveling?
The unique experience to discover our beautiful planet and to come to appreciate it.
11. How often do you travel?
As often as possible. This always depends on uni and my job but the next trip is never too far away.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. Where do you prefer to travel to? City or country?
2. What’s your ultimate travel tip to make traveling more convenient and easier?
3. What do you prefer? Paper maps or Google Maps?
4. Is there anything that you don’t like about traveling?
5. Where does your blog’s name come from?
6. Is there anything that you always have with you on your travels?
7. Where have you felt most comfortable yet?
8. And is there a place where you didn’t feel comfortable at all?
9. Do you keep flight tickets, bills and flyer of your travels?
10. Do you write postcards?
11. Is there a certain song that sparks your wanderlust?
And the nominated blogs are:
Finally, there are the rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her.
2. Answer the 11 questions you were asked by the blogger.
3. Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominated blogs.
4. Nominate 2-11 blogs to receive the award.
5. Inform them of their nomination. You can copy & paste the award to your blog.